Once you reach the "Create Backup Plan wizard" step, you will have a choice to choose between creating a Local or Hybrid Backup plan.
"Local" refers to our CloudSafe Servers, and not your local machine, and "Hybrid" is as the name suggests, a mix of the 2 options.
Essentially, all the files selected in the Backup plan will first be combined into a single folder on your local system, after which it will be copied over to CloudSafe Storage.
Creating the Backup Plan
- Make sure that you have enough space on your local system to store them locally before you select this option!
- Once you have chosen the "Hybrid Backup" option, select "Next"
- Now click on the link: "Add new Storage account", and select "Next"
- The "Display name" is Free text, which you can use to easily remember the purpose and/or location of this backup.
- The "Path" field is going to be the location on your system where the Backup will first be consolidated before it is synced up to the Cloud Server.
- Once completed, click on "OK".
- Now just complete the wizard process as before, and you will be all set!
This creates a temporary folder with a copy of all the backed up files (in .dll) format in the location you specified.
This folder will remain available in that location until the Backup plan is deleted, but don't worry - that does not remove the files from the CloudSafe Cloud Server!
If you need to restore these files at a later stage, you can simply refer to the Restore Process, and then select the Storage Account you created above to restore all those files back to their original location.
Edit / Delete a Local Storage Account
- This refers to the Storage Account created when a Hybrid Backup Plan has been created and does not refer to your CloudSafe Account!
- Open the CloudSafe Application on your local machine
- Click on the Welcome Tab
- In the bottom Right section: Storage Accounts - select the little pencil (Edit icon)
- All Storage Accounts will appear next, from which you can select the one/s to be deleted.
- The main Cloud-Based Storage account cannot be deleted: CloudSafe-CloudAfrica-S3
- Click on the hamburger icon on the selected Account () and then choose either "Edit" or "Delete".
- Edit will basically allow a rename and/or change the location of the local backup repository.
- Delete will Remove the Local Storage Account from the CloudSafe Application.
- The Local Folder created and local backups created in it will not be deleted.
- The backup plan created originally, that made use of this Local Storage account will now be disabled. If you try to run it now, it will display the message: "Account for starting plan is not defined"